Orientation for transfer students
College is an exciting and challenging time, and although you're already familiar with college life, Ohio State will be different from your previous college. Because we want you to be successful at Ohio State, we require all new transfer students to attend a Transfer Orientation program.
Your orientation is a one-day program, with check-in beginning at 7:30 a.m. or 8:45 a.m., depending upon your testing needs. For most students, orientation activities end by 3 p.m. Orientation is important to your success as an Ohio State student, so we expect you to participate in all orientation activities. By the conclusion of the orientation program, you will receive your schedule of classes for your first term at Ohio State.
You'll have the following opportunities at orientation:
- Receive information about the many campus resources available to Ohio State students
- Work with academic advisors to schedule classes for your first term
- Complete university business, such as getting your BuckID card and consulting with Student Financial Aid
- Connect with other transfer students who will be entering Ohio State
- Become more familiar with campus
- Complete any necessary placement testing
This site provides orientation information for domestic students attending the Columbus campus. International students should contact the Office for International Affairs at email@example.com. Regional campus students should contact their regional campus for orientation information.