Reserving a transfer orientation program
Orientation reservation is only open to students who have been sent an orientation mailing for their first term of enrollment at Ohio State. This mailing is sent beginning approximately one month prior to the first orientation date for that semester (February for summer, March for autumn, and mid-September for spring admits). The mailing is sent only to students who have paid their acceptance fees.
Transfer students enrolling in 2014
View transfer orientation program dates for spring 2014
Reserve your orientation date online and prepare for your program
- If you haven't already, obtain your Ohio State Username and set up delivery of your Ohio State e-mail at my.osu.edu. If you experience probems related to activating your username, contact the Office of Information Technology at (614) 688-HELP, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by TDD at (614) 688-8743.
- Changes to your major: If you wish to change your major, contact Orientation at (614) 292-4161 or email@example.com prior to reserving your date as program dates vary between colleges.
- Once you receive your orientation mailing, you will be able to reserve your program at orientation.osu.edu/reservations. You will need your Ohio State Username (name.#) or ID number and password to log in.
- Take the Math Placement Test online unless you have incoming credits that have been equated to Math 1050 or higher at Ohio State. (Students who successfully complete the online test and do not need to test in English may arrive at 8:45 a.m. for the program.)
An overview of orientation activities is outlined below. Times are subject to change.
Check-in for the following activities (all of which begin promptly at 8 a.m.):
- Mathematics Skill Assessment—if you did not complete the test online, or you
received an undetermined ( "U") score
- English Placement Test—if your transfer credits in English do not equate to English 1110 or 2367
- Walking tour of campus for family members and students not required to test
||Check-in for students not required to test in math or English, and guests and students not interested in a campus tour
||Transfer Orientation Presentation: Welcome, information and instructions
||Academic advising and course scheduling (ending times determined by academic area of study)
Afternoon Placement Testing (if required):
- Foreign language testing available in French, German, Spanish and Italian (12:30 - 4 p.m.)
- English Placement Testing (1:30 - 3:30 p.m.)
- Math Skills Assessment if you did not complete the online test, or if you received an undetermined ( "U") score (1:30 - 3:30 p.m.)
Additional afternoon options:
- Financial Aid Consultations (1 - 3 p.m.)
- BuckID (by 4:30 p.m.) - Please bring a driver's license or state-issued photo ID.
Changing your orientation date
Once you have scheduled your program dates, you will need to contact University Orientation to change program sessions at (614) 292-4161 or firstname.lastname@example.org. While we try to accommodate session-change requests, reassignments are usually for dates later than the original and are made on a space-available basis. If you are unable to attend any of the dates available for your academic program, you should call University Orientation to discuss alternate arrangements.
(top of page)