University Orientation

Page content

Freshmen with transfer credit

If you have completed college courses while in high school, request that an official transcript of your course work be sent from your previous college to Ohio State. Find instructions for sending transcripts at

The course work will be evaluated and a Transfer Credit Report will be created. If you have received a Transfer Credit Report, bring it with you to Orientation.You should also bring a copy of your college grade report in case your official transcript hasn't been evaluated by the time you attend Orientation. Learn more about the Transfer Credit Report at

If you have taken Advanced Placement (AP) or higher level International Baccalaureate (IB) exams, have official scores sent to Undergraduate Admissions. For AP: have your official score report sent to recipient code #1592. For IB: visit the International Baccalaureate website for information on how to transfer an IB diploma.

College credit in mathematics

You are not required to take the Math Placement Exam if you have received transfer credit for Math 1050 or higher.

You are required to take the Math Placement Exam if:

  • Your credit for college course work in mathematics is not transferring to Ohio State.
  • You have received math credit designated as Special (S000), Technical (T000), or Undefined Technical (Und Tech).
  • You have received General (G000) or Deferred/Unknown (D000) math credit, unless you have the credit evaluated by a mathematics counselor prior to your orientation session. For evaluation of General or Deferred/Unknown math credit, contact the Mathematics Counseling Office at 614-292-6994.